Re: USER_TABLES

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 18:58:17 +0100

No you can't. USER_TABLES is a dictionary view owned by SYS that selects the tables of the current connected user. There is no "USER_TABLES" in Fred's schema.

Instead query ALL_TABLES where owner='FRED'. This will show all tables in Fred's schema you have access to, so not necessarily all tables of Fred.

If that's not what you want, query DBA_TABLES, it shows all tables that exist in the database, but you must have sufficient privileges to query this view, like DBA role or (more restrictive) SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE.

Read Oracle8i Reference Manual to get familiar with the dictionary views from your documentation CD or on tahiti.oracle.com where all Oracle books can be found online.

Brian Everett <brian.everett01_at_removeherecomcast.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 49masukg77mkht9pjceq5t41mq6klvcuji_at_4ax.com...