Re: Error during installation of Oracle 8.1.7.4 Patchset

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:32:57 +0100

Is $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

To get most important executables (oracle, svrmgrl etc.) try

   cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
   make -f ins_rdbms.mk install
(although for some reason it includes ctx option so it can fail with same problem)
Don't know where during install it went wrong, but convince yourself you have a properly to 8.1.7.4 patched software set. I always do "ls -ltr $ORACLE_HOME/bin" to see all executables have todays timestamp as prove everything is relinked.
The OUI makes serveral log files, one about the linking (something with "make.log" in it). Check them for more info on the errors. Can't say of my head where they are. I think in $ORACLE_BASE/oui/logs or something like that. The OUI mentions them in a screen.

Ivan <ivangho_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 4ada4d2b.0211030611.27b6db18_at_posting.google.com...