help: NT EMC connecting to Solaris server

From: Dustin Hoff <hoff_d_at_bls.gov>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:20:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,
I am running 9.2.0.1 on solaris 8 and I can connect to it with the EMC running on the console. I want to use the NT EMC on a PC, but when I try to connect to the oracle management server, I get this error:

The exception (java.lang.NullPointerException) occured.

the only suggestions i could find on metalink related to port numbers, and in fact i have only allowed connections to the oracle server on ports 1521 and 7771. do i need to open anything else in the firewall (i dont want httpd managemtn)?

Thanks.

Dustin Received on Fri Nov 01 2002 - 10:20:37 CST