Re: Chained/migrated rows and PCTFREE

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 21:35:16 +1100

"srivenu" <srivenu_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1a68177.0210312317.62b0a413_at_posting.google.com...
> I think changing PCTFREE affects only new blocks.

Incorrect. It changes the setting for all blocks. Without exeception.

Not that it makes a difference to a block that's already migrated rows, of course.

Nevertheless, the settings are changed for all blocks immediately.

Now, all you have to do is to delete rows from the block, until it hits pctused, and then watch it bounce back to the NEW pctfree.

It happens.

Regards
HJR