Oracle 9i Compatable With Athlon ?

From: Virgin Net 24 Seven <mb.1_at_virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:48:15 -0000

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a machine with an AMD Athlon 1600 Processor and would like to run Oracle 9i Server on it.

I've read on Metalink some threads re. compatability issues but they also suggested that the problem may have also applied to Pentium 4 chips also. After reading the threads, I was still left a little unsure as to what the current situation is.

Is there a compatability issues with Oracle 9i Server & AMD Athlon processors ?

If there are, do the same compatability issues also apply to Pentium 4 processors ?

Is anyone out there running Oracle 9i Server on AMD Athlon Processors ?

Many Thanks.

Mark. Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 16:48:15 CST