Re: ORACLE DBA questions for INTERVIEW

From: Tony Costello <tcostello_at_mail.colgate.edu>
Date: 31 Oct 2002 12:56:50 -0800

Dunno, take this as you will, but what some of you are describing is a test, not an interview.
From a employee's perspective, I would be insulted at the "What is the difference between explicit and implicit cursors" type questions. That's just upsurd.
A more appropiate question would be something like: We've been getting complaints of slow performance on a new procedure, how would you begin to analyze the problem?

Still, a pretty lame question, but something I would be much happier to answer.
You should be beyond this point at the interview stage if you've properly screened applicants.

tc Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 14:56:50 CST