Re: Importing a .dmp into a different tablespace (RH7.1, Oracle 81610)

From: Indy <inderpalj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2002 12:41:04 -0800

Additional Consideration are to put IGNORE=y clause in imp so

imp devintranet/blah file=intranet.dmp fromuser=<owner> touser=<targetuser> ignore=y

Secondly
In order to drop the user

Connect to the SQLPLUS as DBA id like

connect / as sysdba
drop user <username> cascade;
drop tablespace <tablespace_name> including contents;

In Oracle 9i
drop tablespace <tablespace_name> including contents and datafiles;  will delete tablespace as well as the datafiles

Good Luck
Indy