Re: DBWR and LGWR processes, theoretical question

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:05:25 +0100

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:12:01 +0100, Michael Gast <mig-sm_at_web.de> wrote:

>But, am i on the right side if i use the redo log file duplexing? How
>many groups do i need (in the past i used two groups for both redo log
>and control files on different physical datastores)? Do i need to do
>anything more? What is with the time gap i described in the initial
>posting? Do i need to care with it? How?

The reply of vbuehringer isn't to be taken seriously.

Yes, you should use redolog duplexing, and two members per group should be sufficient.
Those files should go to different drives, on different controllers. The loss of 2 members of a redolog group is completely unlikely, unless the data is on one disk, or on one controller. Hence your transaction can be recovered.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 12:05:25 CST