What to do if a logon trigger get invalidated ?

From: Hans Erik Busk <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:13:28 +0100

I have experimented a bit with on logon triggers, and it seems such a trigger can create a single point of failure that can bring down the whole database for good.
If the trigger becomes invalidated (a table it relies on becomes corrupted for instance), it is not possible for anyone to log on, not even sys as sysdba !
In effect this prevents any rescue operations. Or have I overlooked something ?
Oracle 9.2 on W2K

p.s. Not an acute problem, it was a test database

Hans Erik Busk Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 05:13:28 CST