Re: Control Chars in Filename

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 07:15:19 +0200

Mark D Powell wrote:

> You should be able to remove the file from the UNIX command line by
> placing the filename in a set of double quotes.

Guys, guys... the problem was _not_ deleting a Unix filename with control chars from the file system. The problem was telling Oracle to drop that file from its internal list of database files (controlfile rings a bell ;-), when such a filename contains control characters.

IOW, you need to type up a SQL statement that includes a literal that contains control characters.

I'm just very glad this did not happen on a NT box...

--
Billy