IOWAIT

From: tshen <tshen01_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 00:17:09 GMT

              user 980000 rows.
              person 1230000 rows
              address 1560000 rows

        RDBMS: 8.1.7
        machine:  sunfire
                                     4  CPUs(900 MHZ)
                                     4G memory (SGA 2G: shared pool 500M
java pool 50M db buffer 1.6G)

    When I run this query, it takes a long time(over 1 min), when I use "top" it's shows

      IOWAIT 31%
      USER     25%

  How could it be????
  I run this query agaist a much slow machine with smaller SGA, slower CPU. it only take about 4 seconds. so any suggestion?(hardware configuration?) by the way, I create indexes for every involved columns. thanks.

                                                tshen