Re: can't find oracle.jdbc, java.sql packages

From: Patricia Paulson <miapjp_at_chartermi.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:36:14 -0600

I do believe JServer is installed, and from what I read I think this means JVM is installed - here is what I saw:

If Java is installed, you should see a line like: JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production when you connect to the database using SQL*Plus.

And I get this:
Connected to:
Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

Actually, I did try to run the initjvm.sql (or whatever) and got a syntax error saying one of the bind variables wasn't declared. But it was!!!! AUGH!! In any case, I opened the examples from the Oracle jdbc directory in Java Forte, put the odjbc14.jar, classes12.zip, classes111.zip, etc...right in the directory with the .java files and the .java demo files wouldn't compile!!!! Bypassing Oracle entirely, except for the fact that the classes it couldn't find were Oracle. Yet, as I said, I put them right in the source directory so as to bypass all the classpath stuff.

I need help bad!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your answer!

Pat