Re: corrupted table?

From: Ralph Ganszky <ralphDOTganszkyNOSPAM_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:23:34 +0100

Hi Guyon,

I would not trust the hardware if I would run into the problem several times on the same system. If you are sure that the hardware is ok, I have a question: Have you or your customer installed a patch or a new software release without running the upgrade scripts?

I have seen on a customer system oddly behavior when he run 8.0.x data files with 8.1.5 software. This problem occurs when he restore older data files without noticing that there was an upgrade in the meantime. The real problem was, that you do not got immediately errors. But over the time he run into more an more problems. But his problems couldn't be solved by exporting and importing the data.

Regards
Ralph