Re: Rename a Oracle table

From: Tim Kearsley <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 08:15:39 -0800

Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:<apntk6$s9o$1_at_ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>...

> Ah.. so Tim, you have never met a SEP'er before? We of the Scorched Earth
> party are renowned for our lead pipes. As our great leader put it, there is
> not problem that can not be solved, with the careful, dedicated, and
> focussed application of pure mindless and extreme violence.. using lead
> pipes of course.

I'll file that one for future reference!

> Okay, so let me get this right. It is okay for some clueless lazy bugger to
> pull his finger from his <insert applicable orafice here> to post a very
> basic and simple question, without bothering to even RTFM..
>
> But it is not okay for me to reply with a RTFM to such a posting?

Define basic and simple.

> So friggen what! Here, have all the useful information about my personality
> you want. And if you do manage to make a million from it, I want 10%
> commission.

Anyone want to buy information about his personality? No, thought not!

> Nope. They will post again. And again. You have not been around Usenet very
> long, have you?

About ten years.

> The one with the biggest dick draws the line. Unless you can prove that you
> are better endowed that either me or Sybrand..? You wanted to change this
> into one of the most common activities on Usenet, a Pissing Contest, right?

Biggest dick? That means all the female DBAs are at an immediate disadvantage! This is the rantings of someone with nothing intelligent to say I think. I certainly have no idea what the relevance of these comments are.

> If you actually did bother to read what I wrote in this thread Tim, you
> would have seen that it is not the question that matters to me, but the
> effort of the person in answering the question.

Will I did bother initially but I don't think I will any more on the basis of this little outburst.

> So please read again. I'm going to type extra slowly so you can follow it
> and understand.
>
> I do mind a "how do I rename a table" question. That shows a lazy bugger
> that wants to be spoon fed solutions.
>
> I do not mind a "how do I rename a table, I could not find the answer in the
> PL/SQL manual". That shows me a person who tried and made a honest novice
> mixup between the PL/SQL and SQL manuals.

The naivety is astonishing! All you need to do then you lazy so-and-so's out there to please our Billy is to say that you've looked through a manual. (Hint: you don't actually NEED to, just say it)

> Except for those with big dicks. We tend to win Usenet Pissing Contests.

He's a bit obsessed with this isn't he? That's a sign of something pretty worrying I reckon.

> You honestly should rather point your newsreader at alt.politics.equality
> instead.

Well not really, since it's Oracle stuff I'm interested in.

Tim Kearsley Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:15:39 CST