set markup html on

From: ksmith <NoSpam_at_erieplating.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:53:05 -0500

Oracle 8.1.6.1 on RedHat linux 7.2
Windows Nt Workstation client runing SQLPlus.

I am trying to have an sql script output to a html file. After looking at an example, I tried to do something really simple like so:

SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD '<TITLE>Department Report</TITLE> <STYLE type="text/css"> <!-- BODY {background: yellow}</STYLE>' -
BODY 'TEXT="#FF00FF"' -
TABLE 'WIDTH="50%" BORDER="5"' COLUMN WORKORDERNUMBER HEADING "WO NUMBER" ENTMAP OFF SPOOL C:/test.html

select workordernumber from workorders where workordernumber > 520800 /

SPOOL OFF I expected to get something totally different than what I wanted. (I am new to this and am just trying to learn.), however I was not expecting this error:

 unknown SET option "MARKUP"

I also tried SET MARKUP HTML ON from the sql prompt without success. I looked at http://tahiti.oracle.com and found syntax for the clause and don't understand why this part of my statement wont work. Is there another parameter I must set in order to use the SET MARKUP HTML ON to work?

Thanks in advance for any help. Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 07:53:05 CST