Need help with this function

From: Barry Warner <bwarner_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:26:52 -0000

Create a function - Get_Workshop - that will verify that there is an available workshop for a particular module that a student can be invited to. This function should compare the current system date to the date each future workshop for that module is scheduled. It should return the workshop number for the first available workshop or NULL if there are no available workshops.

This is what I've got so far

CREATE function get_workshop (workshop_num number, workshop_start_date date, module_num number)
2 return number is workshop_num number;
3 BEGIN
4 SELECT workshop_num FROM
5 workshop JOIN Module ON
6 workshop.module_num = module.module_num 7 WHERE module.module_num = workshop.module_num 8 and work_start_date = (select min(work_start_date) from workshop where module_num=workshop.module_num AND sysdate <= workshop_start_date) 9 else return null;
10 end;
11 /

I'm getting a compile error at line 5 - encountered MODULE when expecting , or ;
So I'm guessing that the join is wrong maybe. I also need help with the 'else return null' statement. I'm thinking that else isn't the right keyword as there is no IF statement.

Thanks Received on Wed Oct 30 2002 - 05:26:52 CST