Screwed Oracle Installation on RedHat 6.2

From: michela rossi <michela_rossi66_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2002 14:48:12 -0800

Hi,

Somehow we've managed to delete (and lose i.e. not backup) one of our .dbf files. Now, when Oracle starts up on reboot if I try to login using sqlplus I get the error: "ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress".

So: if I go into "svrmgrl", and "connect internal", "shutdown immediate" (on shutdown immediate I get "ORA-01109: database not open"), "startup" - I then get the message "ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open" - what should I do now? Anyone any ideas?

Can anyone help?
Regards, Michela. Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 16:48:12 CST