Solution to ORA-27101 (Windows with Active Directory)

From: Bob Burgess <burgess_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: 29 Oct 2002 12:57:41 -0800

For the benefit of those without Metalink access... I recently encountered an ORA-27101 error from a user trying to connect to his local Oracle database. He hadn't used it since our system had been converted to use Active Directory (it worked before then).
Changing "SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)" in his sqlnet.ora file to "SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)" solved the problem.

Bob Burgess Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 14:57:41 CST