Setting for db_block_buffer v.s. db_block_size

From: robert <newsreply_at_#removethis#cookiesoftware.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:01:20 +0100

Hello,

I have a question about db_block_size and db_block_buffer

I have set the db_block_size the same as the disks (4096) I am not sure what the settings for db_block_buffer should be ?

That probably because i don't exactly know what block_buffer does. Is the the amount of bits kept in RAM ? In that case i can imagine that i should
keep the block_buffer the same or at least bigger than block_size. To read 1/2 a block into RAM the OS
still has to read 1 entire block. Reading a total block into RAM halves my reading (not exactly...)

Cheers,

Robert Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 14:01:20 CST