Re: Rename a Oracle table

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:38:59 +0200

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

>> A person that runs to this newsgroup when he does not know how to rename
>> a table, is FRIGGEN LAZY. Period.

> I was with you all the way until this point.
>
> For my sins, I used to post to the XP newsgroup. There used to be people
> moaning about that wonderful (?) new feature whereby half of Windows'
> menus would disappear of their own accord to be replaced by some
> mysterious
> chevrons. Would you know this feature is called 'personalised menus'?? I
> wouldn't. I might have searched the manuals for 'disappearing menus' or
> 'pain in the ass', but 'personalised menus'??????? Point being, we forget
> too easily what's obvious and what's not.

Very true. But I always try and do some research first. Butt my head against the brick wall. And then ask for help.

If is a big difference when a person posts saying "help, how do I rename a table" and then describe how his searching the PL/SQL manual for renaming a table, failed to turned anything up.

That is a honest mistake (confusing the PL/SQL manual with the SQL manual). It also shows that the poster tried to help himself, before posting.

Some are abusing newsgroups. They run into a problem. Instead of using a little grey matter, they rather fire off a quick "urgent! help me!" posting to Usenet (often cross posting too), and then sit back twiddling thumbs, waiting for the magic answer.

Which is why I call posters such as those lazy. Actually, I call them something different. But lazy will do in public.

--
Billy