Re: Problem : Oracle 8i Patch Set for HP-UX

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:45:28 +0200

Vladimir M. Zakharychev wrote:

> check note 214389.1 on MetaLink - seems to be that same issue you're
> seeing.

Thanks. Peter also pointed me to that problem. I did check and the install.platform file does exist and it does contain the correct (in this case HP-UX 32bit) ID.

It also picks up the correct install.platform file as the /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc file points to the file in the oracle/products directory.

The logs do not show any glaring problem, except that is says there are no top level products for the platform...

I'm a bit stumped on this. Am going to try it on another HP-UX 9000 box and see what happens.

Any ideas and comments will be appreciated.

--
Billy