Re: "Oracle not available" and "Shared memory realm does not exist".

From: gamaz <gamaz_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:45:01 GMT

Thanks a bunch Richard. I appreciate your help. Actually, while I posted the reply I was scanning the Internet for resolution. Basically, I found almost exactly what you advised. I went to sqlplus as internal(userid) and oracle(password) and of course specifying the host string. At this point it got me to the sql engine in idle mode. I issued command startup from sql prompt. At this point the database mounted. And I am good to go. From your note, it sounds that "/ as sysdba" will do the same job. Here, I have one one question. Where are you issuing the command: sqlplus " / as sysdba" ? Is it from dos prompt c:\ ? In my resolution, I was in the sql window all the time. Thanks.