Re: File Extension in SQL*PLus Script

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:46:00 +0100

On 28 Oct 2002 05:56:05 -0800, jc_va_at_hotmail.com (Buck Turgidson) wrote:

>I am running a SQL*Plus script, which outputs an HTML-Formatted file.
>I can get it to create a .html extension in UNIX, but not NT. Can
>someone tell me what I need to do to effect this?
>
>This is 8.1.7.
>
>COLUMN A1 NOPRINT NEW_VALUE DATO;
>SELECT TO_CHAR(SYSDATE - 1,'MMDDYY') A1 FROM DUAL;
>SPOOL x:&DATO\.html -- Escape works in Unix, but not NT

spool x:&DATO..html, AFAIK on *all* platforms. defines are terminated when necessary with a .
You only need to escape special characters in Unix in the context of a here document, apparently you don't have a standalone sql script.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Oct 28 2002 - 15:46:00 CST