Re: Oracle 9.2 on Linux SuSE 8.1 sqlplus error and jre problem

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:53:45 +0100

Peter,

It's complaining about an environment variable not being set. Although it doesn't tell you which one it's actually missing there are not that many env. vars that cannot be missed at startup. On my own system I tried to start my 9.2 database after unsetting ORACL:E_SID and see what happens: exactly the same error as you got on your laptop! Another guess would have been ORACLE_HOME, but this one will give you another error:
$ sqlplus

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

So my guess is: set your ORACLE_SID to the appropriate value and start your database.

regards,
Peter

"Peter BUSS" <pbuss_at_datacomm.ch> schreef in bericht news:apiv3a$1uv5$1_at_news.imp.ch...