Select data from Access database

From: Frank <Xnews_at_snijf.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:23:55 -0000

What is a good proofed solution for (in batch) getting data from an Access database 1:1 to Oracle database?
Te keep control over the whole proces I prefer to select the date (from the point of view of Oracle) instead of pushing the data from Access to Oracle using ODBC-connection (or export data and use SQL*Loader to load the data into Oracle).
I have read about Generic Connectivity (and Oracle Heterogeneous Services), but is that the only solution?
If so, how can I (developer) convince a DBA to install the ODBC agent? Can it have impact on the database or imply extra work for DBA? Is the possibility of retrieving data from a non-Oracle database just possible from Oracle 8.1.6 (read in "What’s New in Oracle8 i")?

Thanks in advance,
Frank   Received on Sun Oct 27 2002 - 06:23:55 CST