Re: undo header/block

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:35:20 -0000

Consider the scale - 24 UNDO waits per day will typically be less than 0.5 seconds per day, which isn't really much of a problem.

If you have a busy system, with lots of updates and queries taking place in any 'localised' section of the database, it is almost inevitable that one process may want to rollback (for consistency) some work that was done so recently that there is a collision on active UNDO blocks. There are a number of scenarios - but if the time lost is tiny, there's no point in trying to 'fix' the issue.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk