Re: undo header/block

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2002 01:12:24 -0800

> Anyway: I confess these days to letting Oracle do its stuff with automatic
> undo (9i). Then you really do stop worrying about this sort of issue.
>
> Undo header waits usually indicates a lack of segments. I'm just wondering
> how you determined that maximum number of concurrent transactions to be 10?
> Perhaps you need more segments. Is the rollback tablespace on a separate
> disk of its own? Perhaps there's I/O contention. It's a bit tricky to tell
> much more from the few statistics provided.
>
> Regards
> HJR

That 10 came from the sql below.

select max_utilization
from v$resource_limit
where resource_name = 'transactions'

The rollback segment is on its own mount point. Probably not on its own disk because we are using EMC. Hmmm what other information would be useful to find out what's causing the contention?

rgds
Daud Received on Sun Oct 27 2002 - 03:12:24 CST