Re: Is it possible to read a SGA's memory architecture ?

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:10:16 +0100

Hi

Has anyone looked at kusapi.h and kustags.h included in most Oracle distributions. They are usually in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo. The kusapi.h file stands for " kusapi.h - Kernel Utility Statistics Application Programming Interface " and appears to relate to an API to access the SGA. I searched on the net about a year ago and found nothing on this API. I found some documents on metalink and they seemed to indicate that this API was written for DEC Rdb (now Oracle Rdb), i would assume that either these headers shouldnt be included now or the API has been ported to the ORACLE RDBMS. Not sure which library needs to be included, finding out is a simple shell command. If its kernel statistics you want then this looks like a good place to start. If anyone has programmed it or has any more info then please let me know for interest.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Pete

--