Re: Why ORA-1555 snapshot too old.

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:53:39 +0100

I think you need to be a little more careful about how you describe this. The rollback segment does not get 'copies of database blocks' written into it, it get copies of the bits of rows that have been changed.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____USA__________November 7/9   (Detroit)
____USA__________November 19/21 (Dallas)
____England______November 12/14

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Alex Filonov wrote in message
<336da121.0210230800.467dfcc4_at_posting.google.com>...

>The problem here is that rollback segment gets overwritten before
select
>statement finishes. This happens besause every transaction creates
undo copy of
>the database block. If you have many small transactions, you have
many undo
>copies of database blocks. You can also have many undo copies of the
same block.