Re: ORACLE DBA questions for INTERVIEW

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:02:45 GMT

Karen Abgarian wrote:

> Don't forget that conducting an interview is an easy opportunity
> to learn what you always wanted to learn yourself... without any
> efforts.
>
> :-)
>
> Korilu wrote:
>
> > What would you ask an ORACLE DBA candidate??
> > (Also send answers if possible to your questions)
> >
> > Is there a location where I can find this type of information?
> >
> > I will post all the results here.
> >
> > Thanks

And two more type of question that should always be asked in an interview. They are:

  1. Describe the process you go through installing a newly released version of Oracle.

And the answer had better start out with ... "I read the readme file."

2. Ask a question where the correct answer is "You can't do that in Oracle."

It greatly aids in identifying those who just make stuff up when they don't know the correct answer.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 13:02:45 CDT