Net8 / SQL*Net

From: Das Schaf <me_at_domain.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:43:21 GMT

Hi,
  The users of a database I work with are distributed all over Europe. I know that for a long time the standard client installation in this company used SQL*Net to connect to the database. I think that most clients will have been upgraded to using newer Oracle 8 client software by now, but I wondered if there was some way of checking centrally at the database whether a user is logged in over a Net8 or a SQL*Net connection?

This would make it easy to compile a list of client machines to upgrade. I had a look through the client installation guide and client administrator's guide to see if I could find anything, and poked around some of the SYS views but sadly turned up nothing. Also checked USERENV and SYS_CONTEXT functions. Does anybody know of a way to do this, or is this information not held by the database and I'm on a wild goose chase?

Many thanks for any advice

Cheers,

        Chris Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 08:43:21 CDT