Re: Multiple Homes & Oracle Patch Testing

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:12:17 +0200

srivenu wrote:

> You could install the same version of Oracle multiple times in UNIX.
> And patch them as you need.
> I don't think its possible in WINDOWS. But i'am not sure.
>
> regards
> Srivenu

What makes you think this? Of course the same is possible in Windows. That's what Oracle_Home is all about. At least it's possible since 8.0, and I think it's 8i we're talking about here.

The only things that <might> be a problem are ODBC Drivers. But then, that's not what the OP asked about.

Windows is not so bad as some people think (still, it could be much better
I've got to admit). At least you don't have to relink software during the installation process :)

Regards
Holger Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 04:12:17 CDT