Re: import 8i -> 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:17:13 +0200

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:52:09 +0200, "Epicentre Team B Annecy" <carmanet_at_epicentre.fr> wrote:

>I don't think it's the problem, because both NLS_LANG (on both servers)
>are the same!!
>And when I import the user in the same database (exp in 8i, and imp in 8i),
>I don't have this error!!!

No, you are wrong. You don't have this problem in 8i because in that case the table exists.
But the real problem is anyway not export / import but some developer not using default to_date('01-01-1995','dd-mm-yyyy') as that was obviously too much trouble.
Either change NLS_LANG, or pre-create the table. Beat the developer with a whip in both cases.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 13:17:13 CDT