more temp tablespace problems

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:32:17 GMT

What would cause a temp tablespace to not clear when boucing the database? My problem db that blows the temp up to 30+ gb before failing still has 13 gb of space used when the database is restarted.

This seems to be a very strange problem, once when I bouced it the temp tablespace showed as empty, but would not let me shrink it because it said there was still data in it. I ended up creating another smaller datafile for it and taking the 1st one offline.

ideas?

TIA Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 10:32:17 CDT