Insert failure

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:48:37 +0100

Morning Karsten,

>> Hmm, you can always tell the old-timers in the Oracle world.

Old timer ?
I've only been working with Oracle for about 4 years - some other people on this NG have been around longer than that :o) Makes me feel quite young.

>> The 'set scan' command is obsolete (though I don't know what that
means exactly,
>> since it still works). It has been replaced by the 'set define'
command.
>> I suppose they replaced it because you can now do the job of two set
>> commands in one.

Yep, I tried it and it does indeed work like a charm. Thanks for the edukashun. :o)

>> SQL> define table="EMP"
>> SQL> select &&table._id from &&table;
>> Notice the dot after '&&table' ..............

Nice one - I never knew that either. Comes from working in TOAD far too often I suspect.

Regrads,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator