Archiving of Redo Logs Growing Tremendously

From: Eileen Ong <eileenong_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:56:13 +0800

Hi,

We have a production database, running 8.1.7.3. A few days ago, we noticed that the archiving of redo logs started growing at a rate of about 1 to 4 per minute! This is happening even when the server load is very low. Normally, even on busy days, the server gets about 10 logs. Now, our archive log directory keeps hitting 100% full.

There has been no changes on the server parameters for almost 3 months, since our database migration. Everything has been running very smoothly until now.

Has anyone encountered such a problem before?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Eileen Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 15:56:13 CDT