Re: Oracle User License .... Help Me, please !!!

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:07:12 GMT

Juan Miguel wrote:
> I came from the Open Source world, and I donīt understant what Oracle or IBM
> means with user licences.

You are not alone. Oracle has so many different licensing plans that some of their sales/marketing folks can't understand them all. They have licenses for the type of CPU, for the number of CPUs, for particular hardware platforms, for the number of concurrent users, for the number of "seats" that connect, and so on ad infinitum. Your best bet is to call one of their salespeople and ask them to tell you what their license would be in your particular case. I can't verify this, but I think they use whichever license brings them the most revenue. :) Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 15:07:12 CDT