ORA-00313 error on deleted logs

From: Don <dkolva_at_atlab.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 12:06:52 -0700

I am an Oracle newbie and accidently deleted the redo logs (and emptied the recyle bin). Oracle 9.2 on Windows XP. When trying to start the database in Enterprise Manager, I get the following error:

ORA-00313: open field for memebers of log group 3 of thread1 ORA-00312: online log 3 thread1:'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\TEST\REDO03.LOG

I can go into the Redo Log Groups container and add more groups, but I don't seem to be able to switch log files without the db running.

Is there a way to start the database in Enterprise Manager without this log?

Is there a way that I can transfer the Procedures out of the current database?

Thanks for any and all help.

Don Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 14:06:52 CDT