Re: Oracle Names

From: I.A. Saez <i.a.saez.scheihingGEENSPAM_at_tue.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:04:55 +0200

David,

Try the load_tnsnames command in namesctl. Load_tnsnames loads a tnsnames.ora into Oracle Names.
Or try the register command:

namesctl
register ora.domain.com -t ORACLE_DATABASE -d (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=server1.domain.com)(Port=1521)) (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ora)(GLOBAL_NAME=ora.domain.com)))

kind regards,

Ivan