Oracle Names

From: David COSTE <dco_at_compaq.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:46:11 GMT

Hello,

I would like to use Oracle Names on a 9i Database architecture to avoid deploying tnsnames.ora files each time a new database is created. I tried to set it up but it does not work. In fact, the server starts up but I don't know what to do to load the Names.
I tried to use the use_plug_and_play_listener = on in the listener.ora file but no discovery seems to be performed.
I didn't build a region database because there the namesini.sql file is missing but the doc says a region databas is not mandatory.

In fact the documentation is not very clear on that point.

Could someone help me ?

Thanks
David Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 09:46:11 CDT