Snmp process on AIX box?

From: Tim Kearsley <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 06:46:21 -0700

Hi all,

I've recently started using the Oracle Intelligent Agent, while evaluating Enterprise Manager. The setup is this:

Intelligent Agent version 8.1.7
AIX 4.3.3
RS6000 SP node hardware - 4 CPUs and 3 Gbytes RAM

I've noticed since running the Agent that the AIX snmp daemon process is consuming on average 25% of CPU (as viewed through the "topas" utility). My gut reaction is to find this surprising, but maybe this is normal? I've got some events set up in Enterprise Manager, some of which run every minute. The users of the box haven't complained to me about performance, so I guess all's OK, but any opinions would be very welcome!

Many thanks.

Tim Kearsley
Database Manager
Milton Keynes Council Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 08:46:21 CDT