Re: Creating a tablespace alias?

From: Tyler Allbritton <tyler.allbritton_at_ams.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:03:16 -0400

You are right - I was confusing things. There is a set of code I am modifying in a data-mart that accesses tables (many times) from multiple accounts (not tablespaces). In another account/schema (my own), I want to test the code by hitting test versions of those tables. I can create a synonym for another user's table in my account, but I can't create a synonym for a table in my account that "looks" like another user's table. So my example should have been as follows: Another user has a table that the code refers to as USER1.MAINTABLE. My account has access to that table, but when I run the code and it references USER1.MAINTABLE, I want it to really hit MYUSER.TESTTABLE. Thanks for the correcting my misuse of tablespace.

-Tyler