Re: Still experiencing Auto-shtudown problem on RedHat 8.0

From: Mark <mark_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:50:39 GMT

Well, I finally got past this issue. The problem was in dbora:

touch /var/lock/subsys/oracle9i

Upon startup this was fine, Oracle would start and create /var/lock/subsys/oracle9i, and everything was cool. At shutdown, however, INIT expected a lock file called 'dbora' since that was the name of script that it would've tried to execute from /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc6.d: K10dbora. I changed dbora to touch /var/lock/subsys/dbora at dbstart, and rm -f /var/lock/subsys/dbora at dbshut. And that did the trick. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Mark