Re: Help

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:10:06 GMT

Haoyu Zhou wrote:

> I am installing oracle 8i on Solaris 2.7. Concerning about unix
> system security, I closed some default accounts: lp,uucp,nuucp,noaccess
> and default groups: uucp,mail,lp,nuucp,sysadmin,noaccess,nogroup.
>
> When I installed the Enterprise Edition, during the database creation
> phase, an error was prompted that: "ORA-12560: TNS adapter error". I
> couldn't succeed then from this point.
>
> I wonder if the close of some accounts and groups plays a role partially
> in the failure. What is the real reason? How should I fix it?
>
> Attached is the tnsnames.ora file.
>
> Please help. THanks in advance.

> Name: tt
> tt Type: Plain Text (TEXT/PLAIN)
> Encoding: BASE64

Likely the error has nothing to do with the accounts you closed.

But of major concern as you didn't state it is whether you read and followed the installation instructions including setting up the oinstall and dba groups, creating the oracle user, updating /etc/system, and bouncing the O/S.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 18:10:06 CDT