Re: OCI compiling/linking problem

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:03:50 +0100

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:13:29 +0100, Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote:

>Sorry I cannot be of any more help, other than to say, what do the docs
>have to say about these routines ? If I remember correctly, I thing the
>OCI docs give better examples than the C code supplied by Oracle.

 ... and even then you have to be a bit careful; some of the OCI examples for Advanced Queueing don't compile; the corrections are simple enough once you understand what the code is doing (they has the type definition for RAW payload messages wrong in the version of the manual I was looking at), but it throws you slightly when you're trying to learn the stuff.

 I've found the OCI documentation fairly hard to follow; it's quite detailed on individual functions, but slightly misses the mark on pulling it all together into a working program. Admittedly I'm far more used to C++ than C, so that's probably most of the problem (I've had a look at OCCI, but OTL looks more promising for the moment since it covers older versions too).

--
Andy Hassall (andy@andyh.org) icq(5747695) http://www.andyh.org
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space | disk usage analysis tool