Cannot set TEMP offline

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:46:29 +0200

Hello

I have a locally managed TEMP tablespace consisting of two files (8 and 16 GB). In order to get rid of one of these files, I would set the tablespace offline and remove it, but Oracle does not allow me to do that. Perhaps I could drop the tablespace while online but I fear that this could render the DB unusuable.

"alter tablespace TEMP offline"
I get ORA-03217 (bad option or something similar)

I can afford to take the DB down to this this if necessary, but I am interested in knowing how to do it without downtime anyway.

Oracle 8.1.7 / Solaris 2.7

Any hint? Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 17:46:29 CDT