Re: newbie: can i automate data import & flat file export in oracle 8i? <eom>

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:10:15 GMT

quentin compson wrote:
> can you at least point me in the right direction? geez.

I think people are saying that *you* are the automated tool. You write your own "export" script in sqlplus to write out a comma-separated (csv) file:

set commands...
spool export.csv
select columna || ',' || columnb ...
from table;
spool off

You write your own "import" script (actually it's a control file) to tell sqlldr the format of your csv file.

See the sqlplus documentation for the "export" phase. See the utilities documentation (SQL*Loader) for the "import" phase. Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 17:10:15 CDT