Re: how to clear a schema without dropping the user?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:21:12 +0200

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:46:52 -0700, "Kenny Yu" <kyu_at_biodiscovery.com> wrote:

>I need to give a schema owner the effect of 'drop user sch_owning_user
>cascade' without him having dba priviledge. That is, I want to keep the
>user's acocunt/password, tablespace etc, but need to clead all tables,
>packages, sequences, etc. Short of getting a list of objects from obj view,
>is there a simple way?
>
>Kenny

1 Users do not own tablespaces
2 it is very easy to recreate a user, as you can create user <username> identified by values '<password string in dba_users record>' etc. So drop user cascade is definitely not going to harm you, short of having to type more than one command in sucession.
2 Depending on version a less than 10 line pl/sql program would do. Regrettably this code is version dependent, and you didn't post the version you are using. Short of expecting the group is going to do your work for you, please provide more pointers in the future.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 16:21:12 CDT