Re: database privileges

From: <kenneth.koenraadt_at_no-spam.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:29:55 GMT

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:20:39 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On 21 Oct 2002 09:39:05 -0700, oil1can_at_yahoo.com (mark) wrote:
>
>>What are the default privileges granted to public from users sys and
>>system, and what privileges does public really need ?
>>I am trying to create a user with a minimum of rights and privileges,
>>and want to know what minimum specific grants and privileges from sys
>>and system I can get by with.
>>Thanks,
>>Mark
>

>select * from dba_tab_privs where grantee = 'PUBLIC'
>and
>select * from dba_sys_privs where grantee = 'PUBLIC'
>
>should give you the results.

Nope.

Not if the privileges granted to PUBLIC were granted through roles. Something (stupid, yes, but not uncommon...) like

                  grant DBA to public;

would not be discovered by your query.

There is nothing else to do than to loop recursively through dba_sys_privs, dba_role_privs and dba_tab_privs. Regret.