Availability during software/hardware upgrade.

From: Andre Sluiter <A.Sluiter_at_gesloten.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:12:30 GMT

Is it possible to change over from
hardware, OS version, Oracle version
without going off line ?

I am thinking in the line of two (or more) servers where server 1 is online, server 2 gets upgraded, then a switch over from 1 to 2 server 1 get's upgraded and then a change back to server 1.

The switchover should be done without dataloss or broken transactions.

Is this possible ?
What is required for this ?
(If you can put a price on this please do,
or point me to a website or more info, thanks).

Just checking if we should be looking into this.
(I have always claimed that if feasable this is
going to be to expensive for us, but have no solid arguments).

Andre Sluiter Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 03:12:30 CDT